Today I wanted to share a recipe with you for one of my favourite meals ever – Hunter’s Chicken! And what’s even better is that James has managed to come up with a recipe to make this one syn free! I’ve been doing Slimming World now since Easter and the results have been amazing! But I’ll do a full SW experience write up in a few weeks, so for now, enjoy this syn free pub classic! Let me know what you think!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 rashers bacon
- 2 large maris piper potatoes
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 225g passata
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- Salt and pepper
- 40g reduced fat chedder, grated*
Use as Healthy Extra A option.
Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chip shapes. Boil the chips for approximately 6 minutes.
- Drain the chips well and return to the pan and cover. Leave them to cool slightly.
- Shake the pan to roughen the edges of the chips.
- Spray a baking tray with FryLight then spread the chips out on the tray. Spray once more with FryLight then leave to one side while you prepare the chicken.
- Wrap the chicken in a rasher of bacon and place on a baking tray.
- Place the chips and the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Put the chilli powder, passata, sweetener, balsamic vinegar,Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder into a saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring well, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes to thicken. Season to taste.
- When the chicken and chips have 5 minutes of cooking time remaining, spoon on the relish so that the top of the chicken is covered, then sprinkle on the grated cheese. Put back in the oven for the final 5 minutes.
When cooking is complete, serve up with some prepared frozen veg and enjoy!
Any left over bbq sauce can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for a couple of days, and can be used on burgers, chicken or as a dip!
Let me know if you try this recipe out; I’d love to hear your thoughts! Do you have a favourite Slimming World recipe?