It is exactly 6 months since/to my birthday! But that means that it is also 6 months since I started my 22 before 22 and only 6 months left for me to complete it!
I thought I would review it to see what progress I have made!
My 22 before 22:
Buy a lottery ticket done!
2. Sort my laptop – this one is in process. I did make a start at ‘sorting’ my laptop, but it quickly became apparent that replacing my laptop was the only way forward. So I am sat typing this on my shiny new toy! I just have to transfer my music from my old one and sort out my internet bookmarks then my new laptop will officially be ‘sorted’ 🙂
3. Go somewhere new – still nothing to report on this one…
4. Crochet my winter wardrobe – again, not even made a start on this!
5. Bake ten new recipes (8) – I can’t believe how close I am with this one! University put a stop to my regular baking but after one more session I will have another crossed off the list! I’m hoping to squeeze it in in the next few weeks…
6. Make a dress – I have the pattern, fabric, zip and thread, I just have to do the cutting and sewing. I will dedicate a day to all of this shortly.
7. Have a handmade Christmas – I’ve done bits and pieces for this one. I have plenty of presents planned, several decorations in mind and a couple of cards ready to go…I just have to make a start on it all now!
8. Finish my novel – Nothing to report here, it is still sat patiently awaiting editing…
9. Read 20 books of my choice (1) – So far I have managed to read one (More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops) now that university is over for the summer though, I am hoping to fit plenty more in.
Have my eyebrows threaded done! (several times now!)
11. Update my portfolio – not made a start yet but I’m hoping to fit it in this summer…
12. Learn 5 easy hairstyles (1) – only one to report, this might take up another day of my summer holidays!
13. Go to the Globe – I will be there in a week and a half! Eek!
14. Enter 3 writing competitions – I need to get a wriggle on with this one as the writing season is in full swing and I don’t want to miss it! I have managed to track down lots of competitions so it is now simply a case of writing something…
15. Complete 7 cross stitch kits (2) – only two done so far. While I have completed lots of cross stitch projects recently, none of them have been kits from my stash. I am hoping to finish a father’s day card this week ready for Sunday though, which will count as my third, and then I can get on with my Vintage cross stitch, which has been neglected for months!
16. Learn Tunisian crochet – not made a start yet again…I need to pick a project!
17. Make a junk journal – I started gathering bits and pieces for this but it hasn’t got any further than that…
Never miss an opportunity done!
Learn to knit in a circle done!
20. Complete 10 Pinterest/Ravelry projects (5) – half way there! Not too bad 🙂
21. Finish 3 WIPs – I have started cutting and sewing squares again for one of my blankets but I haven’t got any further than that.
Sell a handmade item done!
So that is 5 currently checked off my list! I was hoping to be nearer half way by this point, but now that university is over I am hoping to storm through a few. I am aiming to complete 2, 5, 6 and 13 in the next month, and possibly 11 too if I get chance, so that will get me nearer the half way mark! Then I can dedicate the rest of my summer working towards the rest 🙂