So it seems like making the bags from A Bag For All Reasons is going to be a long process since I’m pretty lucky if I can find a couple of minutes a day for crafting at the moment! On Saturday however, I did manage to squeeze in a trip to Boyes to buy some lining fabric for my Backpack, then I spent all evening cutting the shapes out!
This is what my lining looks like:
I had spotted this a couple of weeks earlier on a trip to Beverley and it came in this shade or a slightly lighter one. Typically, I was so eager to buy the fabric I left so quickly I forgot to take some of my brown fabric with me! I couldn’t remember which shade would work best, but the decision was made for me when I arrived and there was only 130cm of the lighter one left and I needed 150cm. Even more typically, the lighter one would have matched better, and 130cm would have been more than enough! The only plus side is that this shade was in the sale and cheaper than when I saw it in Beverley!
I don’t mind so much that the shade is a little dark as, since it is only the lining, it won’t be visible except when I have the bag open and I love the fabric so I am happy to use it! The next step is to buy some interfacing and then once that is cut I can actually start sewing! Finally!
- The Decision Has Been Made… (hannahackroyd.wordpress.com)
- Supplies for some new crafts! (hannahackroyd.wordpress.com)
- Making Some Bag Progress (hannahackroyd.wordpress.com)
- The Vintage Fair (hannahackroyd.wordpress.com)
- Sew School Satchel (catrinmanel.wordpress.com)
- Satchel Sewing Pattern Review (howaboutorange.blogspot.co.uk)