So it has come to that time again when I have tried two new recipes for my 2013 Baking Challenge/22 Before 22! With this month’s two recipes I will have tried 8 new recipes this year so next month I will be able to cross off another one on my list!
This month’s edition is coming a little later than usual due to a broken oven for a couple of weeks! This time James and I decided to try something completely new to us – macaroons! When we were flicking through the baking books, James came across recipes for lemon and raspberry macaroons in The Hairy Bikers Big Book of Baking.
Instead of making 26 of each flavour, we halved the mixture and made 13 of each flavour. We made the raspberry ones first and they came out slightly runny and not particularly round but the lemon ones came out much better.
Considering this was our first attempt, I am very happy with how they turned out! They also tasted really good!
The second recipe I chose was from Cupcakes by Phoebe Gibb.
This time we chose Gingerbread and Lemon Cream cupcakes. These had a ginger cake filled with lemon curd and topped with lemon cream, which is really nice but sadly the taste of treacle is slightly too strong for my liking…I will add more ginger next time!
It didn’t stop me eating it though 😉
- My 22 before 22 (hannahackroyd.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Baking Challenge: How it Works! (stephaniepomfrett.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Baking Challenge – January (hannahackroyd.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Baking Challenge – February (hannahackroyd.wordpress.com)
- Baking Challenge 2013: Bake #3 Peanut Butter Cookies (stephaniepomfrett.wordpress.com)
- Baking Challenge 2013: Bake #2 Soda Bread (stephaniepomfrett.wordpress.com)
- Baking Challenge 2013: Bake #1 White Cob Loaf (stephaniepomfrett.wordpress.com)