So last week was my 22nd birthday! I had a great time and I can’t believe how quickly the year has gone by! My birthday also marked the end of my 22 Before 22 challenge, which I will summarise after I have shared my presents with you and said a huge thank you to everyone who made my birthday special, sent me a present or wished me a happy birthday!
I want to start off by showing you the amazing cake my Mum made me!
And now for the presents:
How lucky am I??? I love all of my presents! I need to get busy writing thank you cards now!
And I would like to say a thank you to everyone who wished my a happy birthday, it really meant a lot to me :)
22 Before 22
Now, many of you know that I set myself the challenge of achieving 22 things before I turned 22. While I didn’t manage anywhere near the full amount, I did succeed in completing 9 of the 22 on the list…not too disappointing! This year I set myself a lot of crafting goals, which I simply didn’t have time to do while I was completing my degree and starting my masters! I did, however, manage to complete the following goals:
1. Buy a lottery ticket (no winnings but never mind!)
2. Sort out my laptop (sorting it ultimately ended up buying a new one…)
3. Go somewhere new (Lakeland in Florida…lovely town!)
4. Have my eyebrows threaded (I get this done all of the time now!)
5. Go to The Globe Theatre (Macbeth!)
6. Never miss an opportunity (I’ve grabbed a few this year!)
7. Learn to knit in a circle (I have the gloves to prove it!)
8. Sell a handmade item (Thanks to Pillows a-la-mode for this one!)
9. Bake ten new recipes (Yum!)
But, even though I didn’t complete the full list, I did have some near completions too…
1. Read 20 books of my choice…I managed 13! This might not sound a lot but this is the most I have ever managed to read in a year around those that I have to read for my literature degree! It is great being able to choose my own books!
2. Complete 7 cross stitch kits…I completed 4…well it’s four less in my stash anyway!
3. Complete 10 Pinterest/Ravelry projects…6 down, I’m pretty pleased with that!
Some of the items on my list were completely neglected due to a lack of time! However, I didn’t compile the list based on what I felt was ‘achievable,’ I wanted to challenge myself with the aim of making time for the things that I wanted to do around my jobs and university, and I am very pleased with the overall outcomes. Some of the items that remain incomplete on this list will be rolled over onto this year’s 23 before 23 list! I’ll be posting it asap! Hopefully this next year will prove as exciting and rewarding!