Due t some shear determination the past couple of days I FINALLY finished my cat bed! Tabby must have sensed that I had nearly finished because she sat and watched me complete the last few stitches, then as I put it down to get the scissors she was in it! I’ve very happy that she likes it but I now have no chance of claiming it back until Christmas!
I hadn’t finished the ends off when I took this photo but they are all nice and neat now :) The roof also doesn’t appear to want to be straight but luckily Tabby isn’t fussy!
Tabby certainly approves of her present as she spent three hours in there as soon as I had finished!
I’m glad Tabby is happy with it as it was an absolute nightmare to make! Though I like the effect created by Hoooked Zpagetti yarn I highly doubt I will be using it again! It is pretty stiff to use and made my wrist and shoulder ache, as well as giving me a blister on my index finger from crocheting with it! Two balls of yarn was only just enough to complete the bed (with about 10cm to spare) so there isn’t any room for error! The two balls were also drastically different colours (even though I ordered the same colour) due to the way the dye takes to the fabric. It is understandable that they come out different colours and luckily Tabby doesn’t mind but for other projects that require more than one ball I would be wary.
Over all I am happy with the finished bed (and I’m certainly happy that is is now finished!) and Tabby loves it so it seems that it was worth all of the blood, sweat and tears :)